Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Etching


I did another Glass Etching today. I am really having fun learning this process. I used a clear glass votive candle holder that I picked up at the dollar store. I am using contact paper rather than vinyl for my stencil. I have big roll of contact paper that I really have no use for so using it for making stencils to etch glass seems like a way to put it to use. I found a snowflake font pattern I liked and cut it out with my Cricut Expression using Sure Cuts A Lot. I used a stipple brush that I bought at Joann Fabrics yesterday it was less than $4. I think it actually worked better getting the etching cream onto the pattern than the foam brush I used the last time. While the bottle directions say to leave the cream on for 10 minutes I left it on for 30 minutes then washed it off. I am pleased with the results. I have a dinner plate and a vase I still want to try just haven't figured out what to put on them. I will post pictures when I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment