Thursday, October 8, 2009

One More Halloween Project


I saw a video tutorial on the blog Creations with Christina. She has done a series of videos using the Wild Card Cartridge. One of the cuts on the cartridge is this Gift Box. I wanted to make one after seeing Christina's video. I cut the box on my Cricut Expression using Fit to Page which cut the box at 7". It ended up being a little big for what I wanted to use it for but I liked the colors so went with it. I did do a test cut using Fit to Page and cutting two on a 12 X 12 piece of cardstock. They cut at 5" and might be a better size for what I wanted. I will probably make more of these using the smaller size. Anyway, I scored the box using my ScorPal. There is only one side that needs adhesive which I used my Glue Pro (which I love by the way and purchased through Cutters Creek). I cut a clear acetate to cover the window because I wanted the goodies inside to show. The acetate was cut at 3 1/2" square and I adhered it to the inside of the box with glue dots. I filled the box with some dark chocolate kisses and some orange crinkle paper. I loved how the purple covered Hershey kisses look with the box. Check Christina's blog for her video series.

3 comments:

  1. How darling! I love all your projects! What a great day off!

    Kim B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Halloween projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project! where would you buy acetate?

    ReplyDelete