Friday, March 12, 2010

Party Hat

I just received two new cartridges in the mail this week and with work didn't even get them out of the clam shell packaging until yesterday. I also received a sample of some American Craft glitter paper that I was anxious to try out on my Cricut. So, last night I made this quick card using my new Sweet Treats cartridge and the glitter paper. The card base is a standard A2 card. The patterned paper mat is 5 1/4" X 4". The party hat is from page 43 of the handbook. I cut the base layer of the hat from some mirror finish paper from a DCWV Paper in blue. I also use the same paper to cut the layers for the hat using the layer key, the heart and the pompom on top of the hat. The main layer of the hat I cut from the glitter paper. This is some really nice thick glitter paper. To cut the hat I had my blade set at 6 my pressure to max and did multi-cut 2. I tried cutting the sentiment out from the glitter paper but just couldn't get it, so I ended up using the shiny blue paper. I am not sure of the color name but I think it is Raspberry. I cut everything at 3 1/2" for the hat. I attached the pompom with some foam tape and used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to put the rest of the hat together. The hat is attached to the card base with one layer of foam tape. I then cut the sentiment, "how old?" from the Lyrical Letters cartridge found on page 70 of the handbook using the Loop Dee Loo creative feature. I cut the sentiment at 1 1/2".

This was a hard project to photograph because of the shiny paper. I was finally able to get a fairly good picture taken from a little bit of an angle. The photo still does not do just to the glitter paper, but you can see how sparkly and shiny it is. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment