Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good Luck Card

We have had a high school intern working with us at work for the last 6 weeks. Her term with us is finishing this next week and she is getting ready to head off to college. I made this card for us to give her to wish her success with her future plans.

This is an Easel Card.  The finish card size is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". The card base is cream with a raspberry mat that is 1/8" smaller than the card base. The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye and is a 1/8" smaller than the raspberry mat. The Geraniums were cut at 4" from the Freshly Picked cricut cartridge and was attached with some foam tape to give it some dimension. I inked the edges of the pot and flowers with some ink. I also rubbed the sponge I used to in the edges across the top of the pot to age it a little. I added some fruit punch stickles to the middle of the flower cut outs to add some bling to the card and added some hemp that I tied around the pot and in a little bow. I also added 3 small buttons under the pot. The raspberry mat on the inside the holds the front open is 2" X 4". The patterned paper mat is 1/8" smaller than the raspberry mat. I cut a cream mat 1/4" smaller than the patterned paper mat. I rounded the corners and inked the edges with the same color I used on the pot. I stamped the Good Luck using a Moss Green ink by Colorbox. The inside mat is also adhered with foam tape so that when the card is open the front can rest against this mat and stay open. I am really pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Such a fun and bright card! I love it! Thanks for joining my challenge! Xoxo Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cute! The papers are perfect! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! : )

    ReplyDelete