Sunday, September 26, 2010

Frankie Card


Here is another Halloween card I made yesterday. The card base is a green Bazzill card stock 4 1/2" X 6". The orange mat is also Bazzill card stock and measures 4 1/4" X 5 3/4". The patterned paper is from the Cloud 9 Seasonal pack that I bought at Joann's. It measures 4" X 5 1/2". Frankie was cut from the Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge at 4" I cut all the layers but the eyes. I shadowed him in the same orange paper as the mat. I added some faux white stitched with my gel pen around the edge of the patterned paper to help it stand out a bit more. I embossed my sentiment with some black embossing powder. For some reason the lower half of the W and first E just wouldn't emboss well and most of the powder just blew off. In person the sentiment is very shiny and embossing it helped it to stand out on the card.

I find I am really enjoying the Mini Monsters cartridge. I was a little hesitant to get the cartridge because I wasn't sure how much I would use it. I have ideas for several other cards from this cartridge. I hope I can get them made soon. I need more time to craft and less time at work that would solve that problem. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment