Come share my love of paper crafting and card making.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Here is a card I made for several challenges. I used the October 31 cartridge for the window. I used my Gyspy to create this card. I started with the window image on my gypsy mat, and copied and pasted it. I then used the hide contour feature to hide all the cuts but the outside cuts to create a shadow of the window, then copied and pasted that and flipped it. I used a very small rectangle and stretched it and resized it to fit the window which I skewed. I welded both sides of the shadow I create to the rectangle. I then created a blackout image of the window with my Gyspy again using the hide contour feature and cut that from acetate. I cut the original image from black card stock and the welded card base from orange card stock. I also skewed the spider web from the October 31 cartridge and welded it to the window. This was difficult to cut with its fine thin lines. I added some black glitter to the web. I cut the spider from black card stock at 1 3/4" from the Lyrical Letters cartridge and again used some black glitter glue on it. The ghost was cut from cream colored card stock at 3" from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I cut the pumpkin at 1 3/4" from orange card stock also from the October 31 cartridge. I used some green ink to ink the stem portion of the cut and added some yellow card stock pieces behind the pumpkin for its eyes, nose and mouth and then used some yellow stickles on it to give is some sparkle. I attached the black window with foam tape and also the pumpkin. The spider web was glittered with some black glitter glue. I attached some clear acetate to the back of the black window and then attached the spider. The ghost was attached to the orange card base. I also stamped the card base in the upper right window with the word Boo using Staz On Ink and a Hero Arts stamp. This was a fun and challenging card to make. Thanks for visiting.