Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flower Soft Birthday Card

I needed to make a birthday card for my boss and thought this would be a good masculine card. My card base is 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" green card stock. The orange mat is 5 1/4" X 5 1/4". The patterned paper is cut at 5" X 5". The smaller green squares are cut a 2" x 2". For the leaves, I cut them from the Straight From the Nest Cricut cartridge at 1 1/2".  I used my Ultra Fine Flower Soft to cover the leaves. To get the variegated look I mixed together some of the Burnt Sienna, Toffee, Pine, and Sage. I ran two of the leaves (the upper left and lower right leaves) upside down through my Xyron and coated them with the Flower Soft, pressed down firmly on the leaves to be sure the Flower Soft was adhered and then tapped off the excess. For the other two leaves I also added a little of the Strawberry Flower Soft before applying the Flower soft.  I used some quick dry adhesive to attach the leaves to the green squares.  I added the Happy Birthday stamp with some Moss green ink. I really like the look I got with mixing the colors, the leaves look as if they are in the middle of changing colors.
 
This card was one I made as a guest designer on the Cutters Creek Design Team blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment