Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Tree Card

My card is a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card made from white card stock. I added a dark olive green mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then a second white mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5". This white mat I run through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder. For added sparkle and shine I also sprayed the white mat with Pearl Glimmer Mist (available at Cutters Creek). Love the sparkle it added. I adhered the mat layers together with my ATG gun. I added a shimmery sheer olive green ribbon.
 
The trees are cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge at 3 1/4". I cut the base layer in brown and the shift layer in olive green cardstock and layered them. Using the Flower Soft glue I bought from Cutters Creek I drew some zigzag lines across the front of the trees and sprinkled them with the Gold Diamond Range Flower soft. Looks just like gold garland don't you think?  One thing you will notice when you get your Flower Soft is that it is very firmly packed into the container it comes in. To lighten it up and help avoid getting large clumps on your project, you should dump out the flower soft that you will be using into a separate bowl and lightly run your fingers through it and aerate it. This helps separate the pieces of Flower Soft.
 
I attached the trees to my card front with some foam tape. The sentiment was printed out on the computer. I used the Center point feature on my Expression the the Lacy Labels Cricut Lite cartridge to cut out the sentiment. I used the oval scallop from the Thank You label on this cartridge and cut it at 1". I then used my Gypsy to cut the shift of the label to create a shadow and cut it at 1.15" out of the olive green. I inked the edges of the sentiment and shadow. Again for sparkle and shine I lightly misted it with the Pearl Glimmer Mist. You do have to be careful it doesn't smear your ink if you printed your sentiment out on the computer.  I added the sentiment to the card front with foam tape as well.
 
I just love how this turned out. The photo does not do the Gold Flower Soft justice. It is very sparkly. The silver is just as pretty as the gold. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment