Sunday, January 2, 2011

Be Mine

I got this idea from a card magazine and knew I could create a similar card with my Cricut. The card base is 3 3/4" X 9" Kraft card stock and will fit a standard #10 business envelope. I added a dark pink mat cut at 3 1/2" X 8 3/4". The patterned paper mat is from the DCWV Sweet Stack and is cut at 3 1/4"  8 1/2".  The banner was cut at 1.1" on my Circut Imagine using the Yummy art cartridge. I cut the base layer for the banner but flooded them with different colors from the patterned pallet. I also cut the trim across the top of the banners and colored those in pink, green, and blue from the Yummy cartridge as well. I was really pleased at how well the Imagine cut these small images. I attached the trim to each banner piece and then used some rub ons to add the individual letters to each banner pendants. I attached the banner pendants to some hemp cord with some Beacons 3 in 1 glue. Then used more Beacons 3 in 1 glue to attach the hemp cord to the card. I added some star dust stickles to the trim on each of the banner trims to add some sparkle. I also added two buttons to the ends of the cord that I tied some cord into a knot. I apologize that the picture isn't better.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card!!! :) All of you are making me wish I had the Imagine! ;)

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgleu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete