Sunday, August 25, 2013

Aged to Perfection

My stepdad is turning 83 this week so I thoughI should get a card made for him. This is what I came up with.

 My card base is Kraft card stock cut and scored to make  9" x 4" card base. I like using Kraft card stock as  base for my masculine cards. it seems to go well with the masculine colors I use for my cards. Now here is a tip for you. I really wanted to use patterned paper from my Swagger paper pad (Kim  an order this for you) but it was a 6" X 6" paper pad and my card base was bigger.  What I did was I took 2 pieces of the blue paper and cut them to 3 3/4" in width. I left one at 6" and cut the other one to 2 3/4" and adhered both pieces to my card base. Next I took two different patterned papers and cut them in varying heights but all at 3 1/2" wide. I then alertnated the papers leaving  small gap between them. No seam from the blue show through and I was able to use my smaller paper on a bigger card.

My bottle was cut at 7" from the County Fair Cricut cartridge. (Kim can order that for you too). I cut the base out of some yellow card stock, I inked the cork top with some Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Stain. The bottle was cut out of some dark  from the Tim Holtz Kraft core card stock. I covered the entire green bottle with some Glossy Accents and let it dry overnight. Once the bottle was dry I used my Glossy Accents to adhere all my layers together. I then wrote on the label Est. 1930 the year he was born.

 The last thing I did was cut a tag using Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More.I cut my tag out of Kraft card stock at 2". Once cut I spritzed it with water and wrinkled it up then smoothrd it back out and hit it with my heat tool to dry it. After it was dry I distressedthe edges lightly with a pair of scissors then inked it with some Tea Dye distress ink. I stamped my sentiment with some Vintage Photo distress ink I rubbed some kitchen twin withmy blending tool to give it an aged look then tied the sentiment tag do the bottle. I adhered the bottle to my cardbase with some foam tape and added a glue dot to the back of the tag so it would stay where I wanted it too.

 All of the adhesives I used in the making of my card I got while I was part of Kim's adhesive club. It was a great way to stay supplied with some great adhesives and maintain my budget.

 One final word on Glossy Accents,  my son was repairing the little wooden slides for a couple of dresser drawers. He wanted to use some wood glue to help hold the new slides in because the screws were short. He also wanted to add some adhesive to the cracked slides. However we couldn't find the wood glue. Glossy Accents to the rescue. The glossy accents and a couple of wood clamps and a half hour and presto, repair complete.

 Cutters Creek Products  I Used:
Glossy Accents
Distress ink
Foam Squares


  1. Wow, your attention to detail really shows in this card! Fantastic!
    Thank you for sharing,