Sunday, November 24, 2013

O' Christmas Tree Card


I hope everyone had a great weekend and their week is off to a good start. I am not sure about you but wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a few short days away. That means that Christmas won't be far behind. I decided I better get started on some cards and quick. Here is what I have for you today.

My card base is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" white Bazzill card stock. My pattern paper is from the Echo Park Holly Jolly 6" X 6" paper pad. My red pattern mat is cut at 4" X 5 1/4". I cut a piece of green card stock 3" x 5 1/4" and used a border punch on each side. The music paper is the back side to the red paper and I cut it so it would fit on the green punched mat but it too is 5 1/4" tall. My tree, is from the new Sizzix Framelits Dies and Stamps Tim Holtz Christmas Tree set. I love the versatility of these sets. For this card I opted to not use the stamps but just the dies. But I just as easily could have stamped and cut, or just stamped.

I used three different shades of green card stock one for each layer with each layer getting a bit lighter. The star is cut from some gold paper and then sprayed with some Gold Glitter Dust. ( Be sure to stock up on the Glitter Dust spray, it is a holiday must have). To decorate my tree I added some random pearls using a variety of colors of Liquid Pearls.

I stamped my sentiment on some white card stock using some Memento ink. This color is called Love Letters and is a gorgeous red.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Very festive! The music paper as a mat is just perfect! And the Liquid Pearls are excellent ornaments!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete