Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Favorite Color

I made this card for a challenge on the My Pink Stamper blog. A lot of folks including her are snowed and iced in this weekend. So Robyn has posted a couple of challenges on her blog. This card is for the first one. The challenge was to use your favorite color and black and make a project. Purple is one of my favorite colors so I decided to use that. My card base is 4 1/2" X 6 and is some purple bazzill card stock I had on hand. The black mat is cut at 4 1/4" X 5 3/4" and is Die Cuts With A View card stock. The green patterned paper is from a K & Company super pack that I got at Joann's this morning and is cut at 4" x 5 1/2".  I used A Child's Year Cricut cartridge to cut the little girl with the umbrella. I chose that cut because it went with the kind of weather we are having here today. I cut the girl and the shadow at 3". The Just a Note is cut at 2' and is from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge. Since the phrases don't have a shadow feature I just cut the phrase twice and offset it slightly to give a shadow effect. The flowers are Prima flowers that I held together with flower shaped brade and the ribbon is some I bought at Michaels. I used foam tape to adhere the girl and the phrase and a glue dot to adhere the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment