Sunday, April 25, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons

I found this stamp in the dollar section at Joanns and had to have it. Here is a card I put together to use the stamp. The lemon is from the Cricut Preserves cartridge and was cut at 2" the Glass is From My Kitchen cartridge. I cut the glass twice once out of white card stock and once from acetate. I used the real dial size button on my Gypsy to cut this as this is sized to go on a recipe card tab. I cut the glass at 3", I then resized the glass to be wider and shorter to cut the Lemonade in the glass. I took a straw and cut it down to fit the glass, glued it to the white glass, then put the "lemonade" over it then ran the acetate cut of the glass through my Xyron sticker maker and adhered it over everything. I wanted the glass to have a glass look. The ribbon is some I had on hand that I got at Michael's. I inked the edges of the lemon, card and glass items with some sunshine yellow memento ink. The card is 4 1/2" X 6". The yellow mat was cut 1/8' of an inch smaller and the white mat was cut another 1/8" of an inch smaller in height and 1" smaller in width. I ran the white mat through my cuttlebug and used the three dots folder to emboss it. I also used an EK Success border punch to give the white mat a nice scalloped border. I used foam tape to pop up the lemon and the glass.

1 comment:

  1. Great card and you succeeded in making the glass look like glass! I just had to swing ove here to your blog just to get a closer look at this wonderful card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete