Friday, May 21, 2010

Cherry Wishes!

I recently received the Preserves cartridge and a 6 X 6 pack of Basic Grey paper called Lemonade that I ordered. I loved the Cherry paper in the pack and knew just wanted I wanted to do with it. Well today I finally had time to put my idea together, and I am pleased how it turned out. The card is 4 1/2 X 6". The card base is Core de'nations gemstone card stock. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey and the pink paper as well as the paper for the cherries are all from scraps in my stash. I cut the cherries and the layers at 3".  I used my Gypsy to weld the Cherry Wishes together using the font from A Child's Year and it is cut at 2". I used my EK Success dotted scallop border punch to punch the edge of the patterned paper. I embossed the pink paper with the three dots embossing folder from Sizzix using my Cuttlebug. The green ribbon is some I picked up at Michaels. I added some bling to the words and the dark cherry with my pink stickles and used the fruit punch stickles for the lighter cherry. I am pleased how it turned out and it was a nice cheery card to make on this cold, wet, rainy, windy day.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Love that paper too! Great job and the stickles really set it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an adorable card!!!! Love how the cherries almost look real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I love cherries and your card is making me crave them....::giggle:: Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete