Sunday, July 25, 2010

Post-it Note Cover

I saw these little Post-it Note covers on a video that Mary did on her CardzTV Blog, and thought it would make a perfect little just because gift for my mom so I made one this afternoon. The cover is made out of some Bristol paper. I picked up the tablet of paper from Michaels and was able to use a 40% off coupon for so I think I got the pad for around $4. There are 20 9' X 12" sheets of paper in the pad. To make the covers you cut two squares 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" and cover with some patterned paper. I rounded my corners on the Bristol board and the patterned paper and then adhered them together. Using my Bind-it All and punched one set of holes into the cover and added a 1/2" wire. I then applied some Terrifically Tacky Tape to the bottom of my Post-it Note and adhered it to the inside back cover.

To dress up the cover I cut the hand writing with the feathered fountain pen from the Sentimental cartridge. I cut the shadow and all the layers at 2". I applied it to the outside front cover using some foam tape to give some dimension and added a blue pearl to the sleeve. I am pleased how it turned out. They are super easy and quick to make.  I plan to make a bunch more for quick little gifts. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment