Friday, May 13, 2011

Anniversary Card

20110512_3 My 23rd wedding anniversary is this Saturday. My husband and I are headed to a bed and breakfast at the Oregon Coast to celebrate.  Because May is such a full month for us with birthdays, Mother’s Day and our Anniversary we usually don’t do much other than go to dinner. I decided to make a card and take with me to give to my husband while we are gone. My card base is an 9” X 4 1/2” rectangle flooded with a green gingham pattern from the Imagine More Cricut Imagine cartridge. I then used one of the images from the Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge and flooded each layer with  a pattern or color from the Imagine More cartridge. I adhered the layers and shadow together and pop dotted to the from of my card. I then cut the Happy Anniversary from the Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge and a dark brown and blue and flooded each layer with the colors from the Imagine More cartridge. I cut the sentiment at 1 1/4”. I then cut the butterfly also from the Imagine More cartridge at 1 1/2”. I cut the image using the combine feature and cut it twice. I layered the butterfly cuts with a glue dot in the middle and some small pieces of foam tape under each wing so the butterfly wings were raised. To finish the card I used some clear heat set rhinestones under the butterfly and added a cream colored ribbon. I think the colors and simplicity of the card will work well for my husband. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Great card!! Happy Anniversary, hope you have a wonderful time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Deanna!!!! Happy 23rd!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete