Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebrate Sunshine

The challenge this week over at Paper Playtime is to make a Summer themed project. Here is what I came up with.

Nothing says summer to me then a good slice of local juicy watermelon. I love watermelon. So for my card, I of course used a slice of watermelon. The cut is from the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge and was cut at 3". My card base is white card stock cut and folded to 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I added a black mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then a pink polka dot paper from the Echo Park 6" X 6" paper pack called Dots and Stripes. The polka dot paper is cut to 3 3/4" X 5". I then added a strip of black cut 2 1/4" x 5" and a piece of white card stock cut 1 3/4" X 5" and stamped my sentiment in Memento Black ink. I adhered the layers of watermelon together and added some pop dots to the back to attach it to the card. It was a quick simple card that could be used for several occasions. I hope you will join us at Paper Playtime. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing says summertime like watermelon!! love this Deanna!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to feature my fave summer fruit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, watermelon is the best. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love yout card. soooo pretty

    ReplyDelete