Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vintage Card

The challenge this week at the Scrappy Frogs is to make a vintage card. This was a tough one for me, I don't make many vintage style cards. I came across this paper at my LSS and knew it would be perfect for the challenge. The paper is by Cosmo Cricket.


My card base is what card stock scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I cut a mat from the polka dot paper 4" X 5 1/4" and the flowered paper was cut at 3 3/4" X 5". and then added another strip of the polka dot paper (sorry I can't remember the size). The lace is actually a white lace that I sprayed with some Santa Baby and Old Lace glimmer mist. Finally I cut a stripped mat to fit my image and adhered everything to the front of my card. The image of the girl is pop dotted to the card front. I inked the edges of everything with tea dye distress ink. To finish off the card I added a red button to the top corner. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. You made a wonderful vintage card! I love the papers and the colors and the button is the perfect touch! It's amazing what you did with the lace!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete