Friday, November 25, 2011

Mini Gift Bag

20111125_2

I came across these cute little corrugated boxes that look like a small bag at my LSS today. So of course I had to get some. I also just recently got the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia Die and wanted to try it out. To start I cut a piece of cream pattern paper 3 1/2” X 12”. Then I cut the stripped glitter pattern paper 3” X 12” and adhered them together. My patterned paper is from Recollections. I then used some 1/4” Scor-Tape and ran a line all around the outside edges of my patterned paper and used that to adhere it to my box.

I then cut the poinsettia using my Cuttlebug. I inked the edges of the flower and the ribs with some Fired Brick Distress ink. I inked the edges of the leaf and its veins with the new Evergreen Bough Distress ink. I sprayed all the layers with some Twinkle Yellow Clear Glimmer Mist. I used some clear foam tape squares to adhere the layers of my flower together and to add the leaf. To finish my flower I added a yellow pearl for the center. I used more clear foam tape to adhere the flower to the front of the box. I am really pleased how it turned out and can think of several uses for these boxes, including put a gift card in them, filling them with chocolates, or even using it for a small silk flower arrangement. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Deanna, this gift bag is beautiful! Love the poinsetta! Filling the bag with some Dove chocolates is my idea of an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Deanna (as always).

    ReplyDelete