Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

The challenge this month over at scrappy frogs is to make a project that uses stitching in it. I decided to make a tall card, this card fits in a standard business envelope.
I started with a piece of Kraft card stock that I cut to 8" X 9" scored and folded it to make a 4" X 9" card base. I added a red card stock mat cut at 3 3/4" X 8 3/4" and some patterned paper cut to 3 1/2" X 8 1/2". I believe the patterned paper is from a DCWV paper stack I picked up last year. I cut the bird at 3" from the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge. I cut the sentiment at 1 1/2" from the same cartridge. I added some metallic blue faux stitching around the edge of the Kraft card base and the snowflake patterned paper. I also added some white faux to the red mat and to my little bird. Finally I had some white snowflake buttons that I sprayed with some glimmer mist and added some glimmer glaze to. I attached my cute little bird with an action wobble so he shivers when he moves. I add my sentiment with some foam tape and the buttons with some glue dots.

 I am a little behind in my posting and have a few more projects completed or almost completed so I hope to get those photographed and posted soon. Happy crafting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Deaana our little birdy is cute as a button! I love teh shape of your card! I need to make more this size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie! Love your tall card. This is a great cart to have! Enjoy it! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love this card!!!!


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Deanna!!! I so love your tall card. And I love 3 Birds on Parade cartridge. Love that you put him on an action wobble so he 'shivers'!! Those snowflake buttons are fantastic! Awesome card!!! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete