Friday, December 30, 2011

Find Joy in the Simple Things

20111230_2

Here is a card I made this afternoon to send to a friend who has been going through some trials in her life. I started with a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” white card stock base for my card. I added a pink mat cut to 4” X 5 1/4” and the added the patterned paper from a DCWV All About Girls mat stack cut to 3 3/4” X 5”. The mushroom is from the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge. I cut the all the layers of the mushroom at 3 1/2”. I adhered everything flat to the card. For my sentiment mat I cut a piece of the pink paper at 1 1/2” and used an EK Success border punch to give it that open scalloped border. I then cut a piece of white card stock at 1 1/4”. Finally I stamped my sentiment with some Tea Dye distress ink and added the small buttons for a little more pop of color.

I think this will put a smile on my friends face, don’t you. I can’t help but smile when I look at the little mushroom. Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! I LOVE that mushroom! It puts a smile on my face too!!

    TFS

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...this should put a smile on her face. I know it put one on mine. : )

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will definitely put a smile on your friend's face. I love the sentiment too. It is perfect! Sometimes we can't see that forest because of all the trees! The little buttons are a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute mushroom, Deanna! I can see why it puts a smile on your face. I smiled when I saw it too! Happy 2012, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, great card! I am sure this card will have your friend smiling. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious!! I love this cute mushroom and that bg paper is just perfect. The sentiment is awesome. Your friend is going to love this card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete