Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jingle Bells

20111210_3

The current Cricut Cardz Challenge is to make a project based on one of our favorite Christmas Carols using any colors and cartridges you like. The current challenge at Paper Cutz is Jingle All The Way, to make a project using a Jingle Bell image. So my card will be entered into both challenges.

I started with  white card stock cut and scored to make a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” card base. I added a dark red mat, then a dark green mat then the patterned paper mat which is from My Minds Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6” X 6” paper pack.

My Jingle Bells image was cut at 3 1/2” from the Creative Memories Tis The Season Cricut Cartridge.  I cut all the layers for the image. For the Jingle Bells I had a thin metal sheet here in brass so cut the bells with that. It is actually very thin and I used a pressure of 4 and blade depth of 4 and I think I could have backed off the pressure one more. Because the metal is so thin it was not possible to get the images off the mat without wrinkling them so the bells look a little worn but I love how they turned out. To finish the card I added some snowflake buttons and Christmas Red stickles to my letters to  help the stand out. I adhere the whole image to my card front with some foam tape.

Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. I love how the bells came out, I had no idea you could cut that thin metal on the cricut! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!!!! I soooo love those bells!!! I think Hobby Lobby has some thin metal where their embossing folders/etc. are. I'm gonna have to give this a try!! Your card is so beautiful!! Now, where did you get that prickly thing you have your card standing in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card! The bells are fantastic! You are soooooo creative!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun & festive card. Thanks for joining the Paper Cutz Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna,
    Beautiful card! Love how the metal makes the bells look so realistic!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete