Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vroom, Vroom...

The CardzTV Design Team challenge this week was to make a card for a man. This is what I came up with.

I decided to make a tall card. My card base is 4" X 9" and is from Kraft card stock. I then used some paper from the Tim Holtz Kraft  Core card stock from the Nostalgic Collection by Core'de nations. I cut the paper at 3 3/4" X 8 3/4" and ran the top 3/4 of the paper through the cuttlebug  and embossed the paper with the Tim Holtz Clock & Steampunk Set and then lightly sanded it so the kraft stock showed through. I adhered the truck to the card with some foam tape. To finish the card I had some gray nail heads that I painted with some Sea Kelp green Glimmer Glaze and stamped my sentiment from the Pink Stampers Boy Crazy stamp set with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. The embossing is perfect, all those gears are definetly masculine! Love how you painted the heads to match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Deanna! This is fantastic!!! Love the nail heads. And that embossed bg. Awesome!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'It's a Guy Thing' challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME masculine card! The gears embossing folder with the car pop dotted over is perfect!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card!!! very cute manly card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute. Thanks for joining us this week at CTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guy card, love the old truck!
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz Tv:)

    ReplyDelete