Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Live Life with Joy Card by Deanna M

 

20120323_6

I was able to get a package of the laser cut wooden embellishments from Kaisercraft. Wow, I love them. They are super thin, about the thickness of a dime. (I tried to get a picture but just couldn’t get it clear enough).  There is a wide assortment of different embellishments to chose from, like birds, birdcages, there are some gorgeous butterflies, dress forms. If you are interested in any of them just let Kim know at Cutter’s Creek and she can special order them for you. If there is enough interest we might be able to talk her into stocking them in the store.

For my card today, I started with a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” white card stock card base. I added a mat cut to 4” X 5 1/4” cut from some Gemstone Core’denations cardstock. I love this cardstock, it is shiny, with a great glimmer. My patterned paper is cut at 3 3/4” X 5” from the Howdy Doody My Minds Eye paper pad.

For my wooden embellishment, I first sprayed it with 4 coats of Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist, allowing it to dry thoroughly between coats. Then I gave it a quick coat of Hammered Copper Glimmer Glam (another item that Kim will happily order for you). I used some Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to attach my wooden embellishment to my card. I added a foam dot into the middle of the flower (the flower center was not solid). For my flower center I used a 3-D Glue Dot and dipped it into some Citrus Crush Ultra Fine Flower Soft. I used my finger to press the flower soft into the glue dot. I kept the glue dot on the paper backing until I was ready to adhere it to my flower center.

I used some Wild Honey Distress Ink to stamp my sentiment. To finish my card I added a rhinestone flourish from Want 2 Scrap that I just cut to fit the areas of my card.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool card Deanna! The flower looks almost suede-like. I love what you did with the center! Your instructions are always so wonderfully written.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Deanna!!! This is fantabulous!!! I love the flower. I agree with Judy, it looks like suede! Beautiful!!!! Love the sentiment and the great bling flourishs!! :)

    ReplyDelete