I have for you today a birthday card I made for a friend to give to her Mom. My card base is a piece of green cardstock cut and scored to 4 1/4” X 5 1/2”. I added a mat from the Mod Squad Cut and Emboss paper pack cut to 4” X 5 1/4” and then a patterned paper mat from the Prima Botanical paper collection cut to 3 3/4” X 5. I then used Elegant Edges to cut a mat for my butterfly at 3”. I used the same paper as my first mat for the base layer of the mat for the butterfly. I then used a piece of paper from the Whitewashed Cut and Emboss paper pack for the top layer. I ran that layer through my Cuttlebug and embossed it with Sizzix Embossing folder called Dots and Flowers Embossing folder and sanded it so the colored green core showed through (and yes, Kim can order this for you. You get two folders in the package).
My butterfly on this card is once again one of the laser cut embellishments by Kaisercraft. I am so loving these embellishments. (And, yes Kim can order these for you too!) They are so easy to work with, are not too think and add a great dimension and elegance to a card. For the butterfly I started off by using my craft mat and rubbing some different colors of Distress Ink on my mat, spritzing with water and them placing the butterfly in the ink on my mat. I used Persimmon, Concord Grape and Broken China Distress Ink. I let it dry for a bit then spritzed it with similar colors of glimmer mist. Again I let that dry and then added some Glimmer Glam in Violet and a Copper color. Once again I allowed that layer to dry. I then added some Glimmer Glaze to the antenna’s and around the orange areas of the butterfly. I then went back with a bit more Persimmon distress ink. I let all that dry overnight (only because it was bedtime). The final layer I added some Pearl glimmer mist. This butterfly is so iridescent looking in person. I adhered my the butterfly to my mat with some of the ASI Kool Tak tape clear gel foam tape.
The flower I added to the card is a Cutter’s Creek Gardenia. The flower was actually yellow but it just didn’t go with the card as well as I likes, so I spritzed it with some Honey Dew Mist glimmer mist, and problem solved. It softened the butter yellow of the flower and gave it a light green color which went much better with my card. I then stamped my sentiment with some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. Finally I added some Copper Pearl liquid pearls to the tip of each antenna. Sure hope you have enjoyed my project and that I have inspired you to get out your goodies and make a project.