Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Day Just for You


Here is a quick masculine card I made this afternoon. I have decided if I am going to use it for a Father’s Day card or a Birthday Card so I went with a bit more generic sentiment on the front.
My card base is white card stock cut and folded to make a 4 1/4” X 4 1/4” square card. I cut a mat of dark grey 4” X 4” and then the wood grain paper is from My Minds Eye and is cut a 3 7/8” X 3 7/8”.

My image is from the Celebrate With Flourish Cricut Lite cartridge and was cut at 3 1/2”. I used my Imagine to color and cut the layers out. I added some white dots to the fish’s head, tail and the handle of the fishing rod. I also used my clear shimmer pen to add a bit of sparkle to the flourish at the end of the fish, the one on its body and in the handle of the rod. I popped the fish up off the card with some foam tape.

I am going to enter this card into the Cardz TV Design Team challenge which is to make a card or other project for a guy.

4 comments:

  1. Great Card. I really like the background Paper it just made your die cut pop out great. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “My Guy” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is perfect! It is so hard to make masculine cards. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that back ground paper, your card is really cute, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete