Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'll Be Home for Christmas

To help with your planning there are just 165 days left until Christmas. I can't believe we are almost halfway through July and it just is never to early to start working on your Holiday Cards, and Craft sale items. To help get you in the mood, I have for you this fun Christmas card. I used the Handyman Cricut Lite cartridge and welded two shadows of this house together and cut it from white card stock. I cut one additional shadow layer from white and adhered it to the front of the card. I cut the card base and all the layers at 5". I cut the layers for the house out of patterned paper from My Minds Eye. While there isn't any of this paper left, check out what is in the store from Echo Park, it would work perfect. I used some Polar White Flower Soft on the roof edge. I then cut a snowman at 2 1/4" from the Winter Frolic cartridge (need this cartridge? Kim can special order it for you, just ask) and stamp his face with  the Snow Cuties Peachy Keen Stamp Face. I also cut a tree topiary from the Joys of the Season cartridge also at 2 1/4". I used some Sugar Can Glimmer Glaze (Yes, Kim can special order this for you) to glaze my pot on the tree to give it a brassy look. Finally I used some Rouge Liquid Pearls to added some decorations to the tree and the buttons on the Snowman. Finally I added a black nail head for the doorknob. I hope I have inspired you to get out those papers and get a jump start on  your holiday crafting!!

6 comments:

  1. Great card, I especially love the paper you used on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper/color choice on this card! The whole thing just makes me smile!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper is awesome... and I love the "snow" on the roof. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its just a happy card.. love looking at your work!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete