Saturday, December 15, 2012

Poinsettia Die Card

I recently picked up the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and the embossing folder that matches the die. Here is what I did with it.

I started with a cream colored card base cut and scored to 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I added a red mat cut to 4" X 5 1/4" and a patterned paper mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5". The patterned paper is from an Echo Park paper pad.

I ran my poinsettia die through my eBosser and cut the flower layers out of white card stock. I then inked them using the Festive Berries Distress Ink and Peeled Paint for the leaves. I used some Tarnished Brass distress stain for the flower center. Once I had them all inked and allowed them to dry for a few minutes I embossed them with the embossing folder and my eBosser. I just love how the flower looks after it is embossed. I will say that the flower is fairly fragile once it is embossed and I did tear off a leaf but just glued it to the back of the flower where it was supposed to go. Once I had my flower all put together I sprayed it lightly with some Gold Glitter Dust. It is really pretty in person.

I stamped my sentiment with some Memento Lady Bug red ink.

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Deanna! I love all the shimmer you added to the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna your card turned out gorgeous! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, this card is beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well..this is just as gorgeous as it gets Deanna!!

    ReplyDelete