Sunday, March 10, 2013

Masculine Birthday Card



Today I have for you a masculine birthday card I made for a co-worker. Masculine cards seem really hard for me to make. Awhile back I came across a 6 X 6 paper pad by Authentique called Original and it was all blues and browns and it seemed perfect for masculine cards. I finally had a chance to try it out this weekend. Let me know what you think.

I started with a piece of 8 1/2" X 11" card stock that I cut at  4 1/4", giving me a 4 1/4" X 11" piece of card stock. I scored that a 5 1/2" but rather than making it a portrait style card I mad this one landscape so my width is 5 1/2" . Next I added a piece of blue patterned paper from that paper pad cut at 4" X 5 1/4".. The other thing I loved about this paper pad is it was two sided. So cut a strip of the patterned paper at 1" X 4". The lid blue strip on my card is the reverse side of the blue patterned paper. Then I took another piece of paper from the pad, this one looks like it had metal buttons on it and cut it at 4" X 3/4". I inked the edges of all my papers with some of the Gathered Twigs distress ink. Next I cut a 2 1/2" square from the buttoned patterned paper an used the back side which is a rich chocolate brown fro the mat behind my sentiment. I then cut a 2 1/4" square out of white card stocked that I inked the edges heavily with the Gathered Twigs distress ink. I stamped my sentiment with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and adhered it to my brown mat. I added some bronze nail heads at the top and bottom of the sentiment mat and adhered all of that to my card from with some foam tape. Because it was a masculine card I did no more.

I hope you liked the card and feel a bit inspired to try your hand at making a masculine card.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Deanna - Authentique is one of my fav paper lines. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Deanna... I like the colors that you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! It does remind me of men's ties. You did great!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper is definitely suitable for masculine cards. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! I have a hard time making masculine cards too!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The colors are perfect for masculine cards. And I love the landscape style a lot. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice masculine card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect "man" card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love this! Great colors and the layout is just perfect for a masculine card. I don't do much with the landscape style but this makes me want to!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete