Saturday, June 28, 2014
I found the file in the Silhouette store. The file is sized to fit a empty Crystal Light can. Needless to say I had to enlarge it a great deal.
I started by covering the top half of the hat where the pleats were, with some blue star paper. (I actually think this is Christmas paper, but no one will ever know). I covered the lower part of the hat with some red, white, and blue grosgrain ribbon. I used Scor Tape to adhere these two layers.
Next I went to work assembling Sam's face. I opted to use googly eyes instead of the ones that cut out. I ran his beard through my eBosser and embossed with with the Swirls folder.
Once I had the face and shirt assembled it was time to add them to my hat. I used a lot of Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive to adhere everything together and to my chef hat. The last thing I did was assemble the hat. I applied some True Blue stickles to the blue star in the center of his had. Again I had to alter the original design a bit for this project. The original design and a little band that you assemble and add to the bottom of the hat so it will sit inside the Crystal Light container Since I didn't want that, I didn't use that piece and just glued all my hat brim layers together. I then added to hat to the top of my chef's hat with some foam tape.
I am going to enter this in CardzTV 3D challenge.