It is time for a new 3D Challenge over at CardzTV T-his weeks challenge is to create a 3D project using flowers. I had a lot of fun with this one and hope you do too. Here is my project.
I found these daisies in the Silhouette store. They were designed with just two cuts, the flower and the center. They way they were intended to be put together was to put a straw through the holes. However wouldn't you know it, my straws were just a tiny bit two small. SO I had to improvise.
I cut one end of the straw down both sides about 1/2" and spread the straw apart and pushed down on the ends so they were flat. I used some glossy accents to attach my straw to the yellow center with the hole in it. Now I had to figure out how to cover the holes. The yellow centers were cut at 1 3/4". So I used a 1 1/2" scalloped punch to punch a scallop out of this bright pink color. Then I used a 1 1/4" circle punch to punch another yellow circle. Finally I stamped this second yellow circle with a Peachy Keen stamp face. I used the 1" size stamp and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Using my white gel pen I added some freckles to the pink cheeks. The pink cheeks were add with a rose colored Prima Watercolor pencil and blended with a Dove blending pen.
Next I cut out this cut butterfly from the Create a Critter cartridge. I used my Explore and Design Space to flatten the butterfly so I could do a print and cut on it. I cut the butterfly out at 2". I added some Raspberry Stickles to the dark pink areas on the butterfly's wings and some Lime green stickles on the very end of his antenna's. Once the stickles was dry I glued the butterfly to a straw.
I found this little biodegradable pot at my craft store and thought it would be perfect for this project.. I added some floral oasis inside the pot to hold my flowers. I bent each straw slightly so that you could see the flowers cute faces. I added some leftover green Easter grass to cover the oasis. Next I put my butterfly in the center of the pot. For my sentiment I used some white and pink butterfly Washi Tape and some Staz-on black ink I stamped my sentiment unto the Washi tape and the carefully wrapped it around a straw. I cut the end of the tape to make it look like a flag. My sentiment is from the Think Spring CardzTv Stamp Set.
Now it is your turn. Show us what you can do with a 3D Challenge using flowers. And don't forget to hop over to Mary's Stamp blog and get your stamps ordered.. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my project. I love hearing from you. Don't forget to visit the other Design Teams blogs to see what they made for the challenge.