Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mother's Day 3D Challenge


It is time for a new 3D Challenge over at CardzTV.  The Challenge this week is to make a 3D card for Mother's Day. Here is what I came up with.

I made an Easel Card for my project. I used bright yellow and blue card stock for my layers.  The final yellow layer behind my image is embossed with tiny flowers.  I apologize, that I don't know the name of the folder but it is a Sizzix embossing folder.

My image is from the Suburbia cartridge. It is called Gloria all dressed up. It is a simple cut just two layers yellow and black.  I cut her out at 3 1/2".  I used some daffodil liquid pearls to enhance her earring and the necklace because they are so tiny and hard to see..  She is attached to my card with some foam tape. The word Mom was cut from a Silhouette file but you could use any font you have..

To help my easel card stand up I added a blue mat cut at 2" X 4". I used a EK Success border punch to add the scalloped edge.  Next I cut a piece of yellow card stock at 1 1/2" X 3 3/4".  I used some Printworks Periwinkle Blue ink to stamp my sentiment.  The Queen for a day comes from the CardzTV This and That stamp set.  Happy Mother's Day is from the Happy Days stamp set.

Now it is your turn.  Show us your 3d Card for Mother's Day.  Be sure to link it up over at CardzTV .
The challenge runs two weeks. At the end of the challenge Mary will use Random.Org to select a winner for a free set of stamps.  While over there don't forget to hop on over to her stamp blog and order up some stamps. You will never be at a loss for words if you have several sets of Mary's stamps.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!!!! The liquid pearls is just beautiful against the black silhouette! I love the colors you chose. This is a wonderful card!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous easel card!! Love the embossing and pretty silhouette!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete