Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Hey everyone, Deanna here and I am excited to present to you my first Design Team post for Dies R Us.  Here is what I made for you today.
I started with a turquoise card stock cut and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" base. Next I added a black mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4".  I then took some watercolor paper and cut it to 3 3/4" X 5".  I inked the watercolor paper with Squeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral and Peacock Feathers distress ink.  Once I had all the colors on the paper the way I wanted them I lightly spritzed it with some water then dried the paper with my heat tool.

My flowers are from the Poppystamps Olivia Blossoms die.  I cut them out of yellow and used a yellow colored pencil to highlight the embossing in the middle of the flower. For the sentiment I used a die from Impression Obsession Thanks Word.

Are you up for a challenge? Then stop by the Dies R Us Challenge Blog and join in. The current challenge is to use scallops!  And, don't forget to stop by and like our Facebook page. Of course, you will want to stop by the Dies R Us store site to check out the huge selections of dies they have.  Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to return tomorrow for another great post by our Design Team.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love the turquoise and the bright yellow! Perfect colors for that die! And your background helps the the poppies stand out! Perfect!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for your first project. The die cuts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors you chose. Your water coloring is right on the mark. And I love that flower die too. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Deanna! I love the bright colors surrounding your happy flowers! The textures within the watercolor are fabulous, and so unexpected! Thanks for explaining how you achieved that look - I have not done anything like that, and feel inspired to try it now! Your card is wonderful, and will definitely make the recipient's day brighter! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete