Friday, March 12, 2021

Mini Slimline Easter Card

 

I know it has been a long, long time since I posted to my blog. Life has really gotten in the way of crafting. I finally had a chance to make a card.

I made a mini slimline Easter card for one of my granddaughters. My card base is heavy weight white card stock that I cut to 6" x 6" and scored and folded it to 3" X 6". 

I used some mini slimline dies for the layers on my card. The dies are from Taylored Expressions. I did some partial die cutting for the first time. That proved to be a bit of a challenge for me. My scalloped layer is cut from some lavender card stock. The patterned paper is from the new Doodlebug Hippity Hoppy paper pad. All the images on my card are from the mini icons sticker sheets included in the collection. The paper and sticker sheets were included in the Simon Says Stamp Limited Edition Easter kit that I purchased. The kit is sold out now.

To finish my card I added some heart stickers from the icon sheets and some small red heart sequins that I got from Sizzix.

I hope to be back soon with another project. I did fall about 4 weeks ago and broke my left foot in 3 places and can't walk on it. I did rent a knee scooter as I just could not get coordinated enough to use the crutches. But it has presented a bit of a challenge for getting into my craft room, so please bare with me.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a great cute and festive card!!! Sweet for a little girl!
    I'm so sorry to read of your fall. Please take care!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Big hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, wishing you a good recovery, I have just had foot surgery and will be out for at least 6 weeks they say, hopefully I can get some cards made with the help of my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the purple! Thanks for linking up at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete