Monday, May 3, 2021

Side Edge Birthday Card

 

I have a new card for you today. I did not design this. Deanna Bell did and shared the file in a Facebook group I am in. However I did make some tweaks to the design so it would work for me.

First thing I did was resize the card. The original design was a 5" square card. I changed to 5.225" high which then changed the width to 4.066". This card will fit in an A2 envelope. Be sure when resizing to do all the layers at the same time so everything resizes proportionally 

The next thing I did was change the sentiment from Mother's Day to Happy Birthday. The sentiment is from Cricut Access and cut great. 

I then resized and moved the sentiment down to the bottom of the card. That left a blank spot at the top that needed filling. I decided to add a butterfly and found this white one I liked. It was a print and cut image which worked out great since all the tulips are print and cut also. Everything was cut with my Cricut Maker.

I assembled my card using liquid adhesive and a bit of foam tape. The butterfly is adhered to the card with liquid glue under its body and small pieces of foam tape under its wings. I also added some Nuvo Shimmer Pen to its wings.

Here are a couple of pictures of the inside panels of the card.

 

Back of front panel
Inside sentiment panel


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I appreciate your visit.


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!!!! You did an outstanding job!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete