Friday, April 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #206 AG Twist Beautiful Butterflies


 It's time for a new challenge at Let's Craft and Create. This month as always, the challenge is Anything Goes with the twist of Beautiful Butterflies.

My card today is a standard A2 card base. My pattern paper is from Memory Box.  My butterfly is from Cricut Design Space. I manipulated the original design, so I didn't have to place all the individual-colored pieces. Instead, I sliced those pieces out of the top layer and created a solid layer to go behind the top layer.

I ink blended some cardstock with Spun Sugar and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink and used that to cut the solid back layer. I used some silver holographic cardstock to cut my top layer of my butterfly.

I die cut a circle of more pattern paper using a 2 3/4" die. I cut my butterfly at 2 1/4".  I adhered my butterfly to my pattern paper circle with Liquid adhesive under the body and foam squares under the wings, so they had some lift.

I needed a birthday card, so stamped my sentiment on a scrap of the cardstock that was ink blended with the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink. I used a sentiment strip die to cut it out. I adhered it to my cards with some small foam squares. I embellished my card with some dark pink Spellbinders pearls.

I appreciate you stopping by today. I hope you will head on over to the Let's Craft and Create blog for more Design Team projects and then link up your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment