Sunday, July 18, 2010

Christmas In July Challenge #3


Here is a card I made for the Christmas in July Challenge at Cardztv. The challenge was to create a Christmas card and to use ribbon, buttons, or lace. I have been wanting to cut the little penguin from the Create-a-Critter cartridges and thought this would work great for this challenge. My card is 4 1/2" X 6" and is blue Bazzill card stock. I then added a white mat cut 1/4" smaller then the card base and a patterned paper mat again cute 1/4" smaller than the white mat. The patterned paper is from a DCWV Christmas stack I had on hand. I cut the penguin and his layers at 3 1/2". The hat is from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I used my gypsy to and the real dial size button to re size the hat to fit the penguin. I applied some liquid applique to the areas on the hat where the fur trim and the pompom are. I heated the liquid applique with my embossing gun to give it the puffy textured look. I added a little pink chalk to give the penguin some rosy cheeks. The stamp is a $1 Clear G Studio stamp I picked up from Michael's last holiday season. I added a sheer white ribbon to the side of the card. I had fun making this card. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Deanna! Thanks for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, nice job! Love that penguin, might have to go cut one for me...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER CUTE! I love that hat!!!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete