Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate is the Answer!

I made this little treat box for my mom this afternoon. I got my idea from a post Diane at Capadia Designs did Here. I got some Hershey's Dark Chocolate Nugget bars and covered them with some K & Company  valentine paper. Instead of a treat bag I wanted a treat box. I found this box on the Love Struck mini Cricut cartridge that was released in 2010. I don't think you can get the cartridge anywhere now. I started out putting the box on my Gypsy mat and cutting it as large as I could so I could get an idea of the size. It cut at 9.35" which made about a 7" box a little too large for what I wanted. So I cut the box at 7.25" which worked much better. I embossed the front of the box with a Sizzix Valentine embossing folder I got at Michael's.  I used Scor-tape on the side and bottom flaps to secure the box to be sure it didn't pop open after I had it filled with candy. I covered the heart cutout with a piece of acetate then filled the box with my covered nuggets. To finish off the box, I tied a bow with a raspberry covered ribbon. The tag was cut from the Sentimental Cricut cartridge at 2 3/4". I used some Raspberry ink to stamp the tag. One side just says Valentine Wishes and the other side says Chocolate is the answer no matter what the question is. I love that stamp so was happy I could use it on this project.

The box and project went together really quickly and was fun to make. I filled it with my Mom's favorite candy so I know she will like it. I have one more day off before I head back to work so hope to get another project or two done tomorrow. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Deanna this is a wonderful idea - I love it. Red and white - beautiful!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Your Mom is going to love inside and out. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete