Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gingerbread House - Christmas in July






This month on the Design Team blog to help everyone start thinking about their holiday crafts we are featuring some Christmas in July project. My project today for you is this cute little treat box. A friend gave me the new Sweet Tooth Boxes project cartridge and when I saw this sweet house in the book I knew what I wanted to do.

I started with some kraft card stock and using the suggestion in the book cut my house and it's layers at 10". To make the house you have to cut 2 of the actual house. Because I wanted to dress mine up a little and add a Christmas Tree to the inside I used my Gypsy and hid the window on one side of the house so it wouldn't cut. I also hid the flowers and the flower boxes because I wasn't using them. I hope you can see the tree I added to the inside of the house. I cut the tree at 3.1" using my Imagine and the Snow Angel Cricut Imagine Cartridge. I used Scor-tape to assembly the house together. I added some clear acetate to the window of my house so it looked like glass. I cut the grass for the house out of white and ran it through my Cuttlebug and the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder.  I then ran it upside down through my Xyron and covered it with some chunky glitter and adhered to to the sides of the house.
To dress up the outside of the house I added some Polar White Flower Soft along the roof line and edge. To the front of the house, I added a brad for a door knob and using the Snow Angel cartridge and the layers feature on my Imagine I cut two pots of poinsettias to place on each side of the door. I then used my Jolly Holidays Lite cartridge to cut a wreath that I attached to the door.

I added some Christmas Red Stickles for the berries on the wreath and also the ornaments on the tree. I used some Star Dust Stickles to some of the poinsettias to help them stand out and add a little more bling. The roof slides on to the top of the box and over those two solid pieces that act as a handle. It was a lot of fun making this and I am ready to fill it later this fall with some yummy goodies!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! Just when I think there isn't another cartridge I need! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, This is so cute! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made a Gingerbread house. This looks so good! You did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete