Friday, March 23, 2012

Hope Card


At the card class I go to on Friday's we created these fun backgrounds with chalk. We started with a small piece of white paper and chose 3 colors of chalk. Using a cotton ball we rubbed the cotton ball across the chalk and then onto our paper. I went with two colors of blue and a pink. You need to start with your lightest color first and then add your colors in increasing intensity. When we were done adding our colors our paper looked rather splotchy but she had us go back over our entire paper and blend all the colors together with our cotton ball. It was so easy and I love the look we got. We then stamped our image and picked a colored card stock for our card base to match our image. Quick and easy. Sorry I don't have all the measurements as I didn't cut any of these, but the card is a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" so my guess is the black mat is likely 3 3/4" X 5" and the white paper we used was 3 1/2" X 4 3/4".

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Deanna! I love it!! Will have to give that one a try. :)

    ReplyDelete