Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just Saying Hello Card


I have a fun spring card for you today. My card base is white smooth Bazzill card stock cut and  scored to 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I added a mat from the My Minds Eye Fiddlesticks 6" X 6" paper pad. The new My Minds Eye paper pads are fabulous. I cut the wood grain mat (don't you just love it!) at 4" X 5 1/4". Then I added a strip of the reverse side of the paper cut at 1 1/2" X 4". I cut my image from the Kate's ABC cartridge at 3". I used the Cricut Imagine Nursery Tails cartridge for my pattern on the watering can and my flowers. I used a white gel pen to add some doodle dots to my flowers and some faux stitching to the watering can and the polka dot mat. I then adhered everything to my card front and used some Flower Soft Adhesive and some Meadow Flower Soft around the edge of my watering can. I wanted it to look like it was sitting in the grass. Finally I added my sentiment with some Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and added some stickles to my flower centers.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. The paper is wonderful & I really love how you made the watering can look like it was in the greass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Deanna! I love the spring'yness of it. The background paper is cool! I have hestitated buying it because I didn't know how to use it. You made a very pretty card, so you have become a great inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete