Friday, January 25, 2013

Meet Smokey and a Thank You Card



Our new little 8 week old puppy joined our family today. We named him Smokey because of his gray eyebrows. We found through a friend at work. After met Smokey and fell in love she went out and bought us a Petsmart Gift Card so we could take him shopping. I made this card to thank her for her generosity and for helping us find Smokey.

My card is a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. I used Kraft card stock for the base. I added a blue mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and a patterned paper mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5". My little dog is from Create A Critter and is the closest I could find that looked like Smokey. He is cut at 3 1/2". My sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I added some silver nail heads to each side of the sentiment.

4 comments:

  1. Smokey is adorable Deanna!!! And your card is, too! Love the hearts with the paw prints in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I don't which is cuter, the dog or the card!!! Both are just precious!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, Smokey looks like such a cuddle-bug! Your card is so cute, Smokey was adorable inspiration for it!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!! Love the photo and the card is perfect!! Congrats on your new family member...he looks right at home!
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete