Friday, February 22, 2013

Lin and Lene Designs Dies

I ordered a couple of adorable dies by Lin and Lene Designs and they came yesterday. This card is what I made with one set of the dies.

Want to see them? Here you go.



Now on to my card.  I started with a kraft card stock card base cut and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. I added a white mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then the blue gingham mat (from a My Minds Eye paper pad) cut at 3 3/4" X 5".  I used a black fine tip marker to add some faux stitching lines around the white mat of my card.

Using my eBosser I cut and embossed the two dogs from the set. These dies are stencil dies so once they were cut and embossed I used some black soot Distress Ink to ink over the openings in the dies to add some color. I also used a turquoise colored marker to add the blue color to the one dog. This was actually pretty quick and easy to do. I added them to my card front with some foam tape. I then cut a conversation bubble using my Silhouette Cameo and stamped my sentiment in it. I used my black marker to add some doodle lines to the conversation bubble and adhered it straight down to my card with my ATG gun. To finish the card I added 3 small black buttons to the lower right hand corner. I made this card for male co-worker who has a birthday in about 10 days. 

I had hoped to have the kitties done too today but my little helper has been a tad hyper, but shhhh... he is asleep right now.

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card Deanna! : ) Those dies are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! These dies are adorable! we may have to get Kim to stock them.
    You do a wonderful job of explaining all the steps in the process of making your projects. It's really helpful. Born teacher I think!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these doggie dies. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just the cutest thing!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable Deanna!! These dies are great! Love love love your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love those little dogs... Great job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card! Love the dies!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete