Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Washi Tape Technique and Card

I wanted to share the technique I used to make the flower on this birthday card. For all of you in the Cutters Creek Washi Tape club or Adhesive Club (even better, both!) should like this one as it uses Washi Tape and Inkssentials Glue n Seal. I love this adhesive. A co-worker is redoing her bathroom in black and white tile and her favorite color is red so I decided to incorporate all 3 colors into a birthday card for her. My card base is white card stock cut and folded to make a 4 1/2" X 6" card base. I added a black mat cut at 4 1/4" X 5 3/4" and then another white mat cut at 4" x 5 1/2" and finally a black patterned paper mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5. My flower is die cut using a sizzix die and I embossed the sentiment with some WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder. (it is currently sold out but I am sure Kim will be adding more to the store soon). I added a black stitched white ribbon and tied a knot bow on it.
For the flower I cut a piece of white card stock big enough to fit my die and lightly coated it with some Inkssentials Glue n Seal. I then added rows of Washi Tape to my card stock in a diagonal pattern (just because I wanted to).
Here is a short video showing you how I did this.
On my original sample I cut the excess Washi Tape off, in the Video I did not. However I think it is better to cut the excess of. To finish my flower I added some Kool Tak clear adhesive foam squares between my layers of my flower as well as to adhere the flower to the card. For the center of my flower I first added a 3d Glue Dot to the center. Then I took another 3d Glue Dot and dipped into some Strawberry Ultra Fine Flower Soft and attached it to the glue dot already in the center of the flower. To finish the card I also added some white faux stitching with my white gel pen. As I said in the video, I think this would be a great technique for a background mat on a card as well. I sure hope you will give this technique a try.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute and clever card! Thanks for the tutorial.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your video and just LOVE this technique. That flower is just amazing. You are so creating Deanna! Hugs!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not big into washi tape but I love the flower idea. It looks great.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card and info on washi tape and glue & seal.

    ReplyDelete