Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Happy Birthday Card

 

Today I have another birthday card for you. I have 7 birthdays between April 1st and the end of May so I have a lot of cards to make.

This card started with white heavy weight card stock that  was cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"  card base. 

For my background layers on my card I used the Honey Bee stamps Quatrefoil Coverplate Pierced Base plate and the top die.  I used some pale aqua card stock from my stash for the base layer and some white card stock for the top layer. I then used some liquid adhesive to glue the layers together.

My image is from the Honey Bee Stamps Easter Lily die set. I cut the flower layers from some white card stock. I wanted my lily to look like a Star Gazer lily so I used some Picked Raspberry distress ink and a blending brush to add color to my white card stock. I used some Fossilized Amber on the base layer of the stamens and some Wild Honey on the top layer.  I did the ink blending on my Mini Waffle Flower Media mat. After I finished the ink blending I spritzed some water onto my media mat where the ink was and dipped the flower and stamen layers into it. I set those aside to dry.

While I waited for my flower layers to dry I cut the frond leaves from some green card stock. I did add some Mowed Lawn distress ink to the leaves but it matched the card stock so well that you really can't tell. I would suggest using a metal adapter plate when cutting these leaves out. Mine did not cut through all the way in places so I had to use an Exacto knife and some small scissors to free them.

Once my flower layers were dry I added my dots to the petals using my glitter pen in pink.  It adds a nice bit of sparkle to the petals.

Finally I put my flower layers together with some foam tape for dimension. I then added everything to my card base using liquid glue. I added some Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls to the tops of the stamens.

For my sentiment I used the Honey Bee stamps Birthday Buzz Cuts die set to cut the word birthday. I used the top die and the small shadow die. I cut the shadow layer from vellum. I first cut the top layer out of the same aqua card stock that I used for my card base. Once I adhered it to the card I decided it was to light and blended into the background too much. So I took a scrap piece of white card stock and blended on some more of the Picked Raspberry distress ink using a blender brush. I then die cut the word birthday out of that and adhered it over the aqua card stock. I then took a scrap of the ink blended card stock and took the word happiest from the Honey Bee stamps birthday stamp set and heat embossed that with some white embossing powder. I adhered the word birthday flat to my card with liquid adhesive and then popped up my happiest with a bit of foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!! You did a fantastic job with the ink - it truly looks like a Stargazer!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete