Thursday, May 20, 2021

Masculine Birthday Card

 

Here is the birthday card I made for my husband's birthday next week. This image was created using the draw and cut feature in Cricut Design Space. I found the image in Cricut Access. It was a Draw and Cut image already but I wanted to make some changes. I duplicated the image 3 times and using the contour feature hid the contours I didn't want so I could make the lighthouse red, the windows a dark blue, and the clouds a very light blue. I had a lot of fun playing with this one.

I found the sand layers in Access also and just resized them to fit what I needed. I cut everything out of white card stock. After my Cricut Maker drew and cut everything it was time to get working on putting my card together.

For my card base I started with some heavy weight card stock that was cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. Next I took the two layers for the sand and ink blended them with some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ink. I then added some splatter to them using the same inks and a small round paint brush.

I found the blue pattern paper in my stash so not sure where it came from. I think it is from the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes 6 X 6 paper pad. I couldn't find anymore of it. The corners were already cut at an angle. It was perfect for the sky in my scene.

I adhered the two sand layers to the bottom of the blue pattern paper using some liquid adhesive. I stamped my sentiment using some Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy ink. Next I added my lighthouse. The bottom of the lighthouse was adhered directly to the sand layers using liquid adhesive. Since the lower part of the lighthouse was on the two layers of sand I adhered the upper part of the lighthouse with a layer of foam tape so that it would be level with the bottom part. 

I was left with some blank spots at the top that needed something. So I went through my stamps and found the birds in a Hero Arts card kit that I bought a couple of years ago. I stamped them on each side of the lighthouse using the same Soft Navy ink I used for the sentiment. I then used some foam tape on the back of my scene to pop it up and adhere it to my card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card!!!! Oh my, your directions are fabulous!!! I love it all!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete