Saturday, June 12, 2021

Hello Summer

 

When I saw this cute pineapple with his summer sunglasses on in Cricut Access I knew I had to make a card with him. I decided to create a mini slimline card with him.

First I brought my pineapple image into Design Space. Next I added a rectangle that I changed the color of to white and sized it to 3" X 5.75". I then resized the pineapple so it would fit on the rectangle.  Next I wanted to add a sentiment. So, I typed my sentiment and then went looking for a font. I filtered my kerning fonts in Design Space by looking for writing fonts. I finally settled on this one called DTC Sahara Smooth. I then attached my sentiment to the white rectangle. I then headed to my Cricut Maker to write and cut out the layers for my card.  I cut the base layer of the pineapple out of some dark yellow. I cut the second layer out of some Yukon Gold Bazzill card stock. I used some silver mirror card stock for the lenses of my sunglasses. Of course green was used for the pineapple top and black for the mouth and frames of the glasses.

I used liquid adhesive to adhere all my layers of the pineapple together. I used some foam tape behind the pineapple to pop him up on the card panel.  I used some heavy weight card stock that I cut to 6" X 6.5". I scored my card base at 3 1/4" so I ended up with a 3 1/4" X 6" card base.  I adhered the card panel  to my card base using more liquid adhesive. 

To finish my card I added  some sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Pineapple Sequins mix. I had to, what with the name and all. I also added some Nuvo Glitter Pen to his green top.

I appreciate you stopping by for a visit today.  I am scheduled for a total knee replacement on June 16th so may be missing in action for a short while.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you just have to smile when you see this card! Its fantastic!!! As always, I love your detailed instructions!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete