Sunday, June 27, 2021

Floating By to Say Hi

 Happy HOT Sunday everyone. We are having record setting highs this weekend. 108 yesterday,  it is currently 109 here at 2:15 in the afternoon. We are forecast to be 113 to 115 today. So what to do? stay inside with the air conditioner running full time and do some crafting. Since I am only 10 days out from a total knee replacement I wanted something quick. So I designed this card using images from Cricut Access.

Cricut is currently running a contest to win a Cricut Cutie. Here is a link to the information on how to enter. Basically you just have to make a project using a Cricut Cutie and post a picture to their pinned post on their Facebook page. So I came up with this.

All of the images are from Cricut Access. I saw this cutie and thought he would be cute floating in a pool or on something. I found this inner tube and knew it would be perfect.

First I added a rectangle to my canvas is Design Space and sized it to 6.25" wide and 4.5" tall. I then added the inner tube and the cutie image. I resized my cutie so he would fit inside the inner tube. Then I selected both images and resized them to fit on the left hand side of mt rectangle. Now for a sentiment. I decided to create my own. I went looking for a font and settled on the Beefcake font. I typed my sentiment and resized it to fit the space on my card front. I used the curve feature on the text to slightly curve each line of the sentiment. I used the color sync function to color each letter colors from my image. I then selected everything including the white rectangle and flattened the images so they would be a print and cut (the quick and easy part of the design). 

Looking at the card there was a blank spot in the upper right hand corner. I decided to add some additional splashes. I went back to Cricut Access to find the perfect image. I found the word Splash with three splash marks on the left hand side. I was able to use the contour feature to remove the word splash so I was left with the splash marks. I then rotated them and resized them to fit on the card. I then unflattened my original image and changed it back to basic cut so I could use the color sync feature to change the color of the three splash marks the same blue as the other ones. After I did that I once again selected everything and flattened it once again.

I was not able to use my iPad to make this project because of the curved text so used my laptop to print and cut my image. It was now time to make my card.

For my card, I started with some heavyweight cardstock That was cut to 7" X 10". I scored the cardstock at 5". I folded the card base reinforcing the score with my bone folder. I added a light blue mat cut about 1/8" larger than my card front. I added the card front to the blue mat with liquid adhesive. I then adhered the card front and blue mat to my card base with some foam tape for some added dimension.

To finish the card, I added some Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops in White Blizzard to the splashes, just a little bit to one side of the splashes. I really felt like the splashes would shine and sparkle in the sun.

I appreciate you stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come back again.


1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed you are the winner!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete