Friday, October 7, 2022

Happy Halloween Shaker Card

 

I'm back today with a fun Halloween shaker card I made using more products from Kat Scrappiness.

For my card today I started with some heavyweight black cardstock that was cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I used the white spiderweb pattern paper from the Creepy and Kooky 6" X 6" paper pad. I love this paper pad, it has so many great papers in it. I cut my pattern paper to 4" X 5 1/4".

I used the new Stitched Nesting Hexagon dies to cut a window in my pattern paper. I then used the same die and the next bigger one to create a frame for my window out of more black cardstock.  I then cut a piece of acetate slightly bigger than my opening and adhered it to my card with some thin double sided adhesive tape. I added some adhesive behind the middle piece I had die cut and centered it into my opening so I could adhere it to my card base.  I then added my shaker bits to the piece of pattern paper that I adhered to my card base. I used some narrow strips of foam tape around my window and added foam tape to the rest of my pattern paper, aligned it up with my base and adhered it to the card. I used the Kat Scrappness BOO-TACULAR Sequin Mix for my shaker filling.

For my sentiment I used the new Spooky Happy Halloween die. I cut the shadow from black cardstock and the top layer from white and adhered it across my shaker window. I think this sentiment die is so fun with the drippy font.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will pop over to  Kat Scrappiness and check out all the new Halloween and Thanksgiving release products. They also just did a Coffee Themed release called Perk Up. So all you coffee lovers be sure to check that out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment