Saturday, May 27, 2023

Don't Worry Beach Happy

 


Today I have a card for you featuring a recently released die set from Kat Scrappiness. This die set is the Tropical Island Getaway Craft Dies.

For my card, I started with some heavyweight white cardstock that I cut, scored and folded to make an A2 card base.

I die cut everything from colored cardstock. I used kraft cardstock for the island, tree trunk, and coconuts. Using the Kat Scrappiness 1/2" Stencil and Ink Blending Brushes as well as the Mini Detail Blending Brushes and Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress oxide inks I inked the edges of the island, tree trunk and coconuts. I used the same inks to add some splatter. The Mini Detail Blending Brushes are a must have in your craft room. They make adding ink to small die cuts so easy.

For the leaves on the palm tree I used Rustic Wilderness and Pine Needles. I also added some shading to the outside edge of the sun using Mustard Seed.

Next I took another piece of white cardstock and cut it to 3 3/4" X 5". The pattern paper I used for my water was just a scrap I found in my stash. For the sky I used some light blue cardstock. I used a cloud stencil and some white pigment ink to add some clouds. I adhered the pattern paper and my sky to the white piece of cardstock.

Before assembling my scene I white heat embossed my sentiment on my island. I adhered everything flat on my card panel using liquid adhesive. I then added foam tape to the back of my panel and added it to my card base.

To finish my card I added some stardust stickles to the outside edge of the sun and to some of the waves in the pattern paper. I also added some white gel pen highlights. Finally, I had a little sea shell embellishment in my stash that I added near my sentiment along with a couple of clear little starfish.

I hope you will pop over to Kat Scrappiness and check out all the new products. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment